Many people come to Chinese Medicine Central from Google with no background in Chinese medicine. While this site is really intended for practitioners, students and non-Chinese medicine scholars with an interest in the medicine, I certainly want to make sure that everyone else gets something useful for their needs.
To that end, find below a list of articles – mostly on my clinical websites – that may help to answer questions you have about Chinese medicine, acupuncture, Chinese herbs and related topics.
If you would like to learn something that you don’t find in this list, and think I might be able to help, please feel free to contact me and make a request. Note that some of these articles are works in progress, particularly the pages on the Watershed Wellness – Astoria website, just created in 2017.
About Chinese medicine in general & Chinese medicine theory
- Chinese medicine and the treatment of “weird diseases”
- General information about Chinese medical science
- Basics about Chinese medicine diagnosis
- What is acupuncture?
- 10 things to expect at your acupuncture appointment
- Do you HAVE to use needles when you do acupuncture?