One of the most stressful parts about starting an acupuncture clinic is figuring out how to get patients in the door.
While marketing alone won’t get you to the clinic success you crave, it’s absolutely essential that you start out with a basic plan of how you’ll tell people you exist. In most places in the United States,
just putting up a shingle isn’t going to cut it anymore. But, it’s overwhelming when you’re first starting out to determine what it is you should do. Should you have a website? Business cards? Go to networking meetings? What does an acupuncture clinic marketing plan look like?
With everything else going on in your acupuncture career, you also have to figure all of this out? Ugh.
This course is here to help.
By the end of your time in this course, you’ll:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the breadth of options available to you in your acupuncture clinic marketing
- Start to build a marketing plan for whatever stage in practice you’re in
- Understand the difference between marketing strategy and tactics, and why that’s critically important to your acupuncture clinic success
- Learn how to keep your values, your goals and your skills at the forefront even when seeking to market your practice
- Begin to come to terms with the negative feelings so many of us have with the idea of “marketing”
- Get immediately actionable advice on how to make your acupuncture clinic marketing actually work
Funny, enthusiastic, irreverent, insightful, and roll-up-the-sleeves practical – these are not typical descriptors of a business class. It is certainly not what I expected, particularly given my aversion to the business side of starting an acupuncture clinic. Drawing from many of his teachers and mentors, as well as from his experience running an extremely successful business, he covers a lot of very practical ground, while also emphasizing the need for self-care and deep connection as critical aspects of ones business practice.
There’s too much material to list in the 10 modules that make up the course, but here’s a taste:
Module 1 – Introduction & Marketing Planning
Central Module Questions : What’s the course about, and how can you take advantage of it? What’s a marketing strategy, and what’s the best one for you? How do you build a marketing plan?
Module 2 – Marketing your uniqueness
Central Module Questions : How do vision, mission and values fit into marketing? Can you really build a marketing strategy that feeds you as a person, and fits in with the uniqueness of your acupuncture practice?
Module 3 – Acupuncture clinic branding?
Central Module Questions : What’s a brand, and why does that work make you so uncomfortable? How do you actually develop a brand, and how does it relate to the later marketing work you do?
Module 4 – Acupuncture Clinic Website essentials
Central Module Questions : Is it really necessary to have an acupuncture clinic website, if so, why? How do you get started thinking through your website? How do other digital tools relate to a clinic website, and why does that matter?
Module 5 – Creation and use of your acupuncture clinic website
Central Module Questions : Ok, so if you’re going to have a website – how do you actually get one created? How much does it cost, and how do you work with a website designer? Can you do it yourself? And once the clinic website is up – what the heck do you do with it?
Module 6 – Content marketing / writing online
Central Module Questions : What is content marketing and why is it the most important strategy to use in marketing an acupuncture practice? How do you write online in the first place? What are the best strategies for using writing to attract acupuncture patients online?
Module 7 – Social media and acupuncture practice
Central Module Questions : DO I HAVE TO DO SOCIAL MEDIA? 🙁 Why the answer is maybe yes, maybe no – and how to decide. If you’ve decided to use social media in getting new patients into your practice, how does that work? How do you keep up with all the tools and rules that help you avoid pitfalls in social media use?
Module 8 – Mass media and advertising
Central Module Questions : Ok, but what about newspapers and TV? Radio? Do people use these tools with success in marketing their acupuncture practice? How can you do that? What about advertising – online and offline – is that worth putting money into?
Module 9 – Analog basics : paper, signage and swag
Central Module Questions : Do analog methods still work in the age of the digital? How can you use direct mail advertising to reach the neighborhood around your acupuncture clinic? What about signage – how do you even get started there?
Module 10 – Getting out there : events, tabling and networking
Central Module Questions : What about in person methods of acupuncture clinic marketing? Tabling never seems to work – can it? Are networking groups really worth the energy?
As part of your registration fee of $199 , you will receive:
- 10 modules of constantly updated & enhanced video and audio lessons that are engaging, organized and designed to entertain as well as inform
- Outlines and other support aids to make sure you absorb key points
- Resources to help you extend, test and otherwise enhance your learning, making sure it actually does something for your acupuncture practice
- Access to my Online office hours – group Q&A discussions where you can get your questions answered and interact with other students
- Access to course forums
- Lifetime access to your course, with any future updates
- NCCAOM PDA credits pending (with California, Florida and other organizations to come)
Eric’s teaching is engaging, informative, and incredibly valuable for anyone trying tonavigate the business details of starting, or managing a holistic health practice. He makes even the most overwhelming topics seem doable, and provides you with extensive resources to refer to. He is a supportive instructor who truly cares about helping practitioners succeed. Having the opportunity to learn from him really helped increase my confidence in starting my practice and I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to learn from him.
This course is helpful for people at any stage in their acupuncture career. The only prerequisite is a desire to learn more about acupuncture clinic marketing, and how to do it with heart.