Here is a regularly updated list to frequently asked questions about the courses available at CMC and CMC annex.
- When do the courses happen? I need to make sure it fits with my schedule. The course content is time/date independent. Most of it has been pre-recorded and is already available, and there are a couple of modules that still have some recording to come. Regardless, you do not need to be at any particular place or time to take advantage of the content. It is recorded and ready for you whenever. You can even download the videos to watch when you don’t have an Internet connection. The monthly office hour calls are at a particular date and time, but it rotates, and they will also be recorded – so – no problem!
- What are the technological requirements to take advantage of the course? All of the content should be viewable on any reasonably recent device – computer, tablet or phone. I host my videos at Vimeo and they are cross-platform friendly. If your computer is more than 7 years old, you may have the same types of problem you likely already have with other web-based content. It is best to have a strong Internet connection for watching video, and especially for calling into the office hours events. For the office hours, too, it’s essential to have headphones and preferably a microphone integrated into them (as is true for iPod and iPhone headphones).
- I’m not sure if this course is right for me – can you help? No course is going to be right for everyone. These courses are priced low and topically focused so you don’t have to use a lot of time or money to learn important information for your acupuncture practice. These courses are intended for beginners, and are perfect for students going through acupuncture school. That said, several long term practitioners have taken my courses and found them valuable. It just depends on your background, comfort and success in the business side of acupuncture practice.
- Do you offer CEU credit for any of your courses? Not yet. If we get enough students asking, I’ll go through the painful and expensive process. 🙂
- How long do I have to finish the course? Forever. As long as the website exists, you’ll have access – and the course will get better as time goes on. Remember, you can download and otherwise save the content at any time if you fear the zombie apocalypse may take out your Internet access.
- What if I don’t like the course – or didn’t have time to take it – can I get a refund? Ah, refunds. Yes, of course, if you hate the material and can demonstrate that you watched at least 2 of the videos in your course, I’ll give you a refund – with a strong request to hear what you didn’t like about it. But, if you’re not sure, or don’t really have time right now – I’d prefer you wait on buying the course until you’re ready to avoid refund requests. Refunds take time and mess with accounting – so let’s avoid it unless absolutely necessary. If you have more questions before you make a purchase – PLEASE REACH OUT at any time.
- I’ve got a good idea for a future course – how do I let you know? I love ideas. Submit them through the contact form.